by Steve Laible on May 17, 2018
Product Spotlight: Arbortech Allsaw AS170 for Safely & Efficiently Cutting Masonry Materials
Taking bricks out of a wall can be a messy job. A commonly used tool for such a task is the diamond blade on an angle grinder, which is used on many materials such as brick, stone, and concrete.
A diamond blade on an angle grinder can create quite a mess when cutting brick or block out of a wall. This is more than just a matter of time-consuming cleanup; dust from the mortar becomes airborne quickly and can create a foggy haze in the area. This airborne dust is a health hazard—anyone exposed to it is at risk for silicosis (a disabling and potentially fatal lung disease).
Luckily, there is a tool that makes cutting masonry materials cleaner, safer, faster, and better.
Introducing the Arbortech Allsaw AS170
The AS170 is a completely dry cutting tool that does not use any water. The AS170 does not spin like a diamond blade on an angle grinder. It has a unique orbital cutting motion, which utilizes 2 blades simultaneously (one back and one forth). This unique patented orbital cutting technology results in larger particles that fall to the ground (like pouring sand out of a bag) instead of becoming airborne dust.
The AS170 makes it possible to cut brick out of a wall, even indoors, with very little cleanup. Another benefit of the AS170’s unique orbital cutting action is that there is very little kickback, allowing for a safer and a much more accurate cut than a diamond blade on an angle grinder.
Fast facts: Features and Benefits
- A 13 amp, 1250-watt motor
- Specially designed handle that reduces vibrations
- Rubber soft grip that makes it easy to hold for long stretches of time
- Built-in dust clearing centrifuge
- Vacuum connection that can collect dust while cutting
- Automatic cut-off brushes that prevent motor damage
- Synchronous slip resistant belt
- 1 year limited warranty
Included with the AS170
- Extra-large heavy duty black nylon bag
- 3 sets of tungsten blades, including a set of General Purpose blades (for cutting larger joints, like those between concrete block)
- Set of plunge blades (for removing bricks)
- Set of head-joint blades (for tuck pointing)
Perfect for a Wide Range of Applications
- Toothing brick work
- Cutting out doorways
- Restoration work
- Cement block cutting
- Chasing in electrical conduits or plumbing pipe
- Cutting out for recessed wall lights
- Installing lintels
- Many more
Make precise, clean, square cut outs without over cutting, faster and in a safer manner, with the Arbortech AS170.
To learn more about the AS170 or to receive a quote, contact Trowel Trades Supply. We are official Arbortech dealers and can help you find the right products for your needs.