by Steve Laible on June 3, 2019
The Attractive and Durable Home Exterior Solution: Trespa Pura
Choosing a siding product for your house can be a daunting task.
There are so many different options, all with their pros and cons. Natural wood is very appealing, but it can be expensive and requires a painting or staining every so many years. Many people choose vinyl siding because it is inexpensive and it does not need to be painted.
However, vinyl siding has its fair share of potential issues: the colors can fade over time, it breaks easily, it looks cheap, it can warp in hot temperatures (and even release toxins at high temperatures), it can crack in cold temperatures, it can be noisy in the wind as it flaps around, and it can lower property values because it is unattractive to many home buyers.
There is, however, a home siding solution that does not need to be painted regularly and does not have the various issues that vinyl siding has: Trespa Pura.
Trespa Pura is a beautiful, long lasting, and maintenance-free exterior siding product.
- Easy to install, easy to clean, and requires very little maintenance.
- Comes with a 10-year guarantee that covers the product itself as well as any color fading.
- It is made from up to 70% natural wood based fibers combined with thermosetting resins.
- One side has a surface layer that is covered with a transparent top coat and is cured with Trespa’s Electron Beam Curing process, which produces a very durable product against the weather and UV light. These components are subjected to high heat (about 300 degrees Fahrenheit) and high pressure (7 MPa) simultaneously to produce a high density homogeneous non-porous product which is extremely durable, as well as impact and UV light resistant.
- Offered as a flush siding product for the more modern style structure, or as a lap siding product for a more traditional clap board appearance.
- Both plank styles are 10 feet long by a little more than 7-1/4 inches wide by 5/16 of an inch thick and can be applied horizontally or vertically.
- Offered in 8 different flat colors and 8 different wood grain finishes.
- The company is also committed to sustainability and the preservation of our environment. All Trespa Pura products are certified according to the PEFC standard.